Mid-Scoop/Tone Switch (for Bass)
- By popular demand we have voiced a passive mid shaper for the bass guitar.
- When the push-pull switch is down this functions as a standard tone control which cuts highs.
- When the switch is in the up position it becomes a mid-sucker that scoops mids as you turn the knob counterclockwise. On a bass this works great for slapping.
- SOUND CLIP: Here is a sound clip of this control used in a Jazz Bass recorded by Tony Senatore. The sound clip plays the same 2 bar slap phrase 3 times :
- first in full treble mode
- second in full bass mode (push-pull down and knob dialed down to about 1),
- ..and third in mid-cut mode (push-pull UP with the knob dialed down to about 1). It is in this setting you will notice how the slaps and pops really jump out.
- Mounted on a 500K split-shaft push-pull pot.
- Nice option for a guitar with a single tone control like a telecaster.
- Very simple to install (soldering iron required).
- Includes detailed instructions