Custom Taper Orange Midrange Shaper w/Center Detent
- Limited Supply Available
- Improve you tone with this simple passive addition. This is a special combination of capacitors, resistors along with an inductor to produce a really useful enhancement to any guitar or bass without requiring active electronics.
- Great substitution for the 2nd tone control on your strat.
- As you turn the knob counterclockwise down from 5 to 0 midrange frequencies are pulled out while leaving the high and low frequencies intact. Some people report the tone to have an almost "acoustic" like quality. I find it appropriate for clean funky rhythms.When you turn the control from 5 to 10 you get a slightly thicker sound wtih a bit more of a midrangy honk to it. The control is neutral in the 5 spot.
- Designed for use with guitars and basses equipped with single coil pickups. It will also work with humbuckers, however the effect of the control from 5 to 10 is not as dramatic since humbuckers are already thick sounding.
- Comes professionally wired on a brand new 500K custom taper split shaft pot with a center detent made exclusively for Rothstein Guitars by CTS corporation. The part number for the pot is RG500D (RG is for Rothstein Guitars) and the word "detent" is stamped across the sides. You won't find a pot like this anywhere else! Summary of custom featrues:
- CUSTOM TAPER: After much R&D we found the perfect taper for this mod which is a hybrid between audio and linear taper.
- CENTER detent: Due to the overwhelming request by customers the pots has a detent at 5.
- Includes detailed instructions.
- Very simple to install (soldering iron required).