Use this page to order a prewired Jazzmaster assembly with Joe Barden JM Two/Tone wiring. Select from the options below and then add the assembly to your basket. You will find information about each option is at the bottom of the page. The initial price of every prewired assembly is $0, but after you add it your basket the actual price will be calculated. You can view the total price by viewing your basket contents.
Prewired Jazzmaster - Joe Barden JM Two/Tone
Joe Barden JM Two/Tone Jazzmaster Wiring Harness
ULTIMATE VERSATILITY FOR YOUR JAZZMASTER
Introducing an extremely cool option for the Jazzmaster with amazing versatility, featuring Joe Barden JM Two/Tone™ pickups. The HB Two/Tone is a full-sized dual blade humbucker pickup mounted into a Jazzmaster cover. The amazing thing is this pickup has 2 modes:
Expand any of the sections below to read important details about the various options we offer. You may use these links to Expand All and Collapse All to expand or collapse all sections with a single click
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
All assemblies are custom built to your specs. This is an opportunity for you to select the options you want. You will notice, the base price of a prewired assembly is $0. You will then proceed to add attributes to customize your prewired assembly. Some of the attributes are mandatory, and some are optional. To determine the final price, simply add the product to your online shopping basket, and then click the "basket contents" link in the navigational header at the top of the page. Have no fear, you are not committed to purchasing it until you actually use the checkout feature.
Mandatory Attributes - the following attributes are required to place an order for a custom prewired Jazzmaster assembly:
- Top Quality Electronic Components & Professional Wiring
- Joe Barden JM Two/Tone Pickup Set (in white, black or cream)
- Mounting bracket for the 2 roller pots
- Copper Shield - very high quality 2 mil thick copper pickguard shields specifically for the Jazzmaster
- Roller Knobs for the roller pots
- Accessories (Volume and Tone Knobs for the lead circuit + pickup covers) - select between white, black, cream and parchment
- Pickguard -Various color choices are outlined below. In addition, you will be asked to specify the fit, either USA/AVRI, Made in Japan, or Fender Blacktop.
- Note 1- if you want us to special order another color, we can do so if you indicate such in the comments field.
- Note 2- If you wish to send us your pickguard, select "customer supplied" and contact us via e-mail to arrange to send us your pickguard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Optional Attributes - In addition, you may add the following optional attributes:
- Volume Kit: a treble retention circuit will be added to the volume pot on the lead circuit, which will prevent the loss of highs experience when you lower your volume.
- Pickups: Select any model from Curtis Novak, Lindy Fralin, Arcane and McNelly Pickups.
If you haven't played Joe Barden pickups yet, then prepare for a religious experience. The Joe Barden JM Two/Tone is a full-sized dual blade humbucker pickup mounted into a Jazzmaster cover. The pickup was designed for players who are looking for maximum tone, clarity, sensitivity and output. The JM Two/Tone™ provides incredible low-end clarity and overall high sustain characteristics that make it suitable for virtually any musical style, from blues to rock to jazz. What is amazing is that the JM Two/Tone is literally two pickups in one: you get the HB (humbucker) tone when the pickup is in full mode, and when you pull up on the push-pull pot the tone and output changes to that of single coil sound with plenty of quack, but it is dead quiet. There is no switching noise and no hum in either mode. The design is a complete improvement over any kind of series/parallel or split-coil wiring.
Depicted below are the prototypes that Frank from Joe Barden Engineering sent us when the pickups were initially designed.
A volume kit (also know as a treble bleed mod or treble retention circuit). This is a high-pass filter used to prevent the loss of highs associated with lowering the volume on your guitar. We use a 1000 pf Mallory 150 Series Metalized Polyester Tubular capacitor in parallel with a 150K resistor. Check out our article about the Treble Bleed mod here.
We get our anodized pickguards exclusively from Tone-Guard, and all other pickuards from WD Music Products. We have the most common colors listed in the ordering form, but you may choose from any of the many colors available and list it in the comments field.
Gorgeous Anodized pickguards available from Tone-Guard in Gold, Black and Silver.
A Note About Fit: You must choose between the following 3 shapes:
- USA / AVRI - Available with both WD Music and Tone-Guard pickguards.
- Fender Blacktop - Available with both WD Music and Tone-Guard pickguards. See picture below of a Fender Black-top pickguard shape.
- 2007-2010 Made in Japan. Available with WD Music ONLY - Tone Guard anodized pickguards are NOT an option for these.
What about Mexican Made and Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmasters?
- If you have a Fender Road Worn series, the USA / AVRI is extremely close, so that will be your best best.
- If you have a Fender Blacktop series, then please specify that as the shape when placing your order. That will require a special pickguard which is available both from WD Music and Tone-Guard.
- If you have a Fender Classic Player series, then select "special order" for the pickguard and indicate the details and color choice in the comments field. The Classic Player will aslo require a special pickguard, which is available from WD Music ONLY. Tone-Guard is NOT yet an option for the Classic Player series.
- If you have a Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster, the shape is fairly close to the USA/AVRI shape, so that will be your best bet. Some of the pickguard holes won't line up exactly, but that is easy to manage.
What about Warmoth?
- Warmoth has their own unique shape, but no worries we work with Warmoth JM's all the time. If you are building a warmoth Jazzmaster and would like to get a prewired assembly from us, you then have 2 choices. 1). You can mail us your pickguard. 2). You can select "Special order" as the pickguard choice, and then clearly document all of the specs of the pickguard and we will special order it for you.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT CELLULOID PICKUARDS (this applies to Tortoise Pickguards)
Tortoise pickguards are made of real celluloid like you will see on vintage Fender guitars. This is the GENUINE stuff. Please be aware that celluloid is very flammable, so please keep it away from flames. Celluloid is a solvent based plastic and it tends to shrink over the years. Many vintage Fender guitars are plagued with this phenomenon. Very often the material cups slightly, so that when placed on a flat surface its edges may be raised 1/4" to 1/2" above the surface. Even if they're cupped when they come out of the package, they can easily be screwed flat onto the guitar.
We are the only company offering pre-wired harnesses with very high quality, noise canceling, THICK copper shielding. NOTE: If selecting the wooden template option, you will need to install the shield to your pickguard. Please refer to this youtube video for instruction on how to install the shield. You may read more about our shields here.
KNOBS AND COVERS
Available in white, black, cream and parchment.
The copper shield will be embossed with our logo as a method of branding and authenticating our wiring.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
Each prewired assembly is hand wired and tested to your custom specifications. Our lead time on Jazzmaster assemblies is approximately 4 - 5 weeks. We will do our best to process your order as quickly as possible.