Original Orange Midrange Shaper
The Original "Orange" Midrange Shaper
- Improve you tone with this simple passive addition. This is a special combination of capacitors, resistors along with an inductor to produce a really useful enhancement to any guitar without requiring active electronics.
- Great substitution for the 2nd tone control on your strat.
- As you turn the knob counterclockwise down from 5 to 0 midrange frequencies are pulled out while leaving the high and low frequencies intact. Some people report the tone to have an almost "acoustic" like quality. I find it appropriate for clean funky rhythms.When you turn the control from 5 to 10 you get a slightly thicker sound wtih a bit more of a midrangy honk to it. The control is neutral in the 5 spot.
- Designed primarily for guitars with non-overwound single coil pickups but it will also work with lower output humbuckers as well, however the effect from 5 to 10 is not as dramatic since humbuckers are already thick sounding.
- Comes professionally wired on a brand new 500K pot. Choose between the following options:
- Split Shaft w/ 3/8" bushing (for Strat style guitar)
- Solid Shaft w/ 3/8" bushing (for Tele, or any knobs secured via a set screw.
- Long Split Shaft w/ 3/4" bushing (for Gibson style guitars with thicker tops) - add $3
- Includes detailed instructions.
- Very simple to install (soldering iron required).